Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's not over till it's over

The toughest part of election night is the endless news coverage and every network predicting winners and losers. While I'm not following the election that closely, it seems as though the democrats have picked up several governorships as well as several congressional seats. This makes me feel alot better because I was the only person at my local polling station an hour before the polls closed. I figured that those who were planning to vote had already done so, but it made me wonder whether the constant stream of pundits declaring a landslide victory for the democrats had turned off would-be democratic voters since "a win was in the bag." As I voted, I imagined what it would be like if the Republicans somehow retained control of both Congress and the Senate. More importantly, how many more of our rights would they violate or just legislate away? For all of our sakes, let's hope that a Democratic win is, indeed, in the bag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home