Monday, November 13, 2006

You're single? I'm shocked.

Overheard at the bus stop this morning:

Girl #1: What did you do this weekend?
Girl #2: I broke up with Manny on Sunday.
Girl #1: Why?!? What happened?!?
Girl #2: He was too clingy. He called me, like, ten times a day, but never had anything to say. He was so annoying. I stopped taking his calls and just let him talk to my voicemail. I mean, get the hint already. They both laugh.
Girl #1: Wow. Are you OK?
Girl #2: Yeah, I'm totally cool with it. Plus, Angela told me that her brother might like me. She looks at her watch which makes me check my own. It's 6:55am. I've called his cell like four times since I woke up. How come he hasn't called me back?
Girl #1: Maybe he's still sleeping.
Girl #2: Maybe. I'll try again before first period.

3 Comments:

Blogger Frema said...

Sex and the City: The Early Years. :)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd say hi as I'm trying to visit and comment on as many of the NaBloPoMo blogs as I can. :)

For some reason, I have this mental image of Girl #2, about ten years from now, sitting in her apartment, single, after her second or third divorce and still trying to call Angela's brother...

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home