Thursday, November 16, 2006

Anticipation

It is 3:01pm. Looking out of my office window, all I see is my reflection staring back at me. The view outside of my window, which faces north on Madison Avenue, has been replaced with blackness as the storm clouds roll in. For the last several days, barriers have been set up around the SONY store opposite my office building. While not a gamer, I knew that they must be related to the impending release of Playstation 3. Throughout the day, the gaming faithful have been lining up inside of the barriers. The store, which typically caters to the tourist crowd, will open its doors at midnight and allow the first several hundred people on line to drop a cool $600 on the new gaming unit. As the first few drops of rain hit my window, a colorful sea of umbrellas opens up on the street below. It's going to be a very long night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home