Monday, January 01, 2007

2007

Eric and I drove into Brooklyn this morning so that Eric could take a swim with the Coney Island Polar Bear Club. I was hoping to join him (in fact, it was my idea), but woke up with the beginnings of a head cold and decided that a dip in the ocean on New Year's Day might not be wise. Despite feeling like crap, I had a blast taking pictures of some of the thousands of other people who had the same idea. Eric was completely in his element, even posing for pictures and finding his way into the shot of a Fox News cameraman. It was all a lot of fun and I would definitely go back next year as a swimmer, not as a photographer. Of course, it is easy for me to say that when it is 55 degrees with a light drizzle. I reserve the right to change my mind should the temperature on New Year's Day 2008 be in the 20s or should Mother Nature decide to blanket the beach with snow. Sorry, but that's just how I roll.

So Happy New Year, Internets. I hope 2007 brings you health, happiness, and lots of laughs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet pics... but who was that big chooch with all the tats. LOL.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Remind me to post the pics of him in his thong.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home